From 00.00 hours on Saturday June 26, the use of the mask in Spain will be modified.
The Official State Gazette publishes, on Friday, June 25, a new modification of the regulations, through the Royal Decree-Law 13/2021, of June 24.
This new modification establishes the new guidelines that all Spanish citizens must comply with regarding the use of masks in open and closed spaces.
The mask, mandatory
They must use it obligatorily, as before, six-year-old forward.
IN WHAT CASES SHOULD I USE THE MASK?
- Closed spaces for public use.
- Outdoor spaces in which it is not possible to maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 meters between people, except cohabitants.
- In all means of transport.
- In mass events in the open air, when attendees are standing or if they are seated when it is not possible to maintain 1.5 meters of distance, except cohabitants.
CAN I REMOVE MY MASK? Yes, but only outdoors and as long as we guarantee the safety distance of 1.5 meters.
There are also other cases in which the mask will not be mandatory:
- In residences for the elderly or dependents, as long as they have vaccination coverage with a full accredited pattern, except visitors and workers.
- In residences for essential workers, as long as they have vaccination coverage with a complete accredited guideline greater than 80%.
- For people with illnesses, respiratory difficulties or disabilities.
WHAT ARE THE NEW MODIFICATIONS? The BOE publishes on Friday, June 25, the new uses of the mask, effective from Saturday June 26.
These new changes are established especially outside, where the mask can be removed as long as the interpersonal safety distance of 1.5 meters is maintained. Therefore, if we find ourselves on a street in the city of Ourense without crowds, we can remove it.
Health authorities recommend that you always carry it with us.
Likewise, this new regulation establishes that users of the residences for the elderly, dependents or essential workers may remove it, as long as they have the complete vaccination schedule, not so may workers and external visitors to the themselves.